Nanochemistry is a subject that is connected to almost all branches of Chemistry like
biomedical chemistry, polymer chemistry, product synthesis, pharmaceutical industry,
structural materials, electronic device components, light-emitting materials. A number of
universities and national laboratories have research programs that focus on nanochemistry,
nanophysics, and nanotechnology. Keeping this in mind, Department of Chemistry, Miranda
House will offer its students a 60 hour 'Add on Certificate course in Nanochemistry'.
The structure of the Add on certificate course would be as following:
- 8 Lectures of 2 hours each (Two Invited lectures from eminent scientists working in this
field and six from faculty from Department of Chemistry, Miranda House giving students
a preview of their research in nanochemistry)
- Two field visits:
- First to acquaint students with all the techniques required for characterization of
- Second to CSIR/NPL labs or to some industry set up using nanochemistry.
- Suggested Practicals (Tentative list)
- Preparation of Gold/ Ag/Cu Nanoparticles via chemical method.
- Preparation of Gold/ Ag/Cu Nanoparticles via electrochemical method.
- Characterization of the prepared Nanoparticles.
- Photocatalytic activity of these synthesized nanoparticles.