The College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. All disciplinary matters are subject to Ordinance XV-B of the University.
- All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action are vested in the Vice Chancellor.
- The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all or such powers as he/she deems proper to the Proctor and to such other persons as he/she may specify in this behalf.
- Without prejudice to the generality of power to enforce discipline under the Ordinance the following shall amount to acts of gross indiscipline:
- Physical assault, or threat to use physical force, against any member of the teaching and nonteaching staff of any Institution/Department and against any student within the University of Delhi
- Carrying of, use of or threat to use of any weapons
- Any violation of the provisions of the Civil Rights Protection Act, 1976
- Violation of the status, dignity and honour of students belonging to the scheduled castes and tribes
- Any practice-whether verbal or otherwise-derogatory of women
- Any attempt at bribing or corruption in any manner
- Willful destruction of institutional property
- Creating ill-will or intolerance on religious or communal grounds
- Causing disruption in any manner of the academic functioning of the University system;
- Prohibition of Ragging as per Ordinance XV-C.
- Without prejudice to the generality of his/her powers relating to the maintenance of discipline and taking such action in the interest of maintaining discipline as may seem to him/her appropriate, the Vice-Chancellor, may in the exercise of his/her powers aforesaid order or direct that any student or students -
- be expelled; or
- be, for a stated period rusticated; or
- be not for a stated period, admitted to a course or courses of study in a College, Department or Institution of the University; or
- be fined with a sum of rupees that may be specified; or
- be debarred from taking a University or College or Departmental Examination or Examinations for one or more years; or
- that the result of the student or students concerned in the Examination or Examinations in which he/she or they have appeared be cancelled.
- The Principals of the Colleges, Heads of the Halls, Deans of Faculties, Heads of Teaching Departments in the University, the Principal, School of Open Learning and Librarians shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over students in their respective Colleges, Institutions, Faculties and Teaching Departments in the University as may be necessary for the proper conduct of the Institutions, Halls and teaching in the concerned Departments. They may exercise their authority through, or delegate authority to such of the teachers in their Colleges, Institutions or Departments as they may specify for these purposes.
- Without prejudice to the powers of the Vice-Chancellor and the Proctor as aforesaid, detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct shall be framed. These rules may be supplemented, where necessary, by the Principals of Colleges, Heads of Halls, Deans of Faculties and Heads of Teaching Departments in this University. Each student shall be expected provide himself/herself with a copy of these rules.
At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-Chancellor and several authorities of the University who may be vested with the authority to exercise discipline under the Acts, the Statutes, the Ordinances and the rules that have been framed therein by the University.