- The college will announce Cut-off Percentage for admission to different courses in accordance with the schedule announced by the University.
- The announcement of cut-off lists for all Programmes/ Categories of Applicants (UR/OBC/SC/ST/PwD/KM) will be made through the University and College website.
- SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates will be admitted directly by the college on the basis of declared cut offs. Separate cut off percentages will be declared for each category.
- Candidates eligible for admission to a particular course on basis of announced cut-off should proceed to Miranda House with a printout of the Application Form including the uploaded documents.
- Candidates will be required to fill the Miranda House Pre-Admission Form of the specific department to facilitate verification of eligibility. The Department Form will be available at the time of admission at the college counter.
- The Department will verify if the candidate is eligible for admission the course chosen.
- Candidates are required to bring their original documents. Admission shall be subject to the verification of the certificates.
- Candidates granted approval for admission will be required to fill the Miranda House Online Admission Form.
- The college will flag approval of admission on UG Admission Portal. This will enable the candidate to make Online payment of Admission Fee on the Online Admission Portal.
- Admission process will be considered as completed on receipt of online fee.
- The admitted student will be eligible to procure the college Identity Card.
Documents required for admission
The applicants shall be required to produce following documents in original with two sets of
self-attested photocopies at the time of admission:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks-Sheet
- Class XII Marks-Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by
- Transfer Certificate from school / college as well as Migration Certificate from Board
/ University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary
exam from outside Delhi
- Two passport size self-attested photographs
- The college retains the right to seek authentication from the concerned authorities issuing the certificates.
- If the candidate is unable to submit the requisite documents by the required date, whatever be the reason, her admission will automatically stand cancelled
Reserved category candidates are required to submit an attested copy of the SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by anyone of the following competent authorities:
The certificate should be in the name of the student and not in the name of the parent.
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate)/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra-assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate or her family normally resides
- Administrator/ Secretary to Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands)
Widows/ Wives/ Children of the Personnel of the Armed Forces and Paramilitary Forces
Admission to this category will be through the Office of Dean of Students Welfare.
Widows/ Wives/ Children of the Personnel of the Armed Forces and Paramilitary Forces killed or disabled in action during the wars, 1947 onwards, or of those who have passed away while on duty, must submit a certificate to that effect from any of the following:
- Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi
- Secretary, Rajya/ Zila Sainik Board
- Officer-in-Charge Record Office
- First Class Stipendiary Magistrate
Persons with Disability (PwD)
Three percent (3%) seats in all undergraduate courses are reserved for candidates with physical disabilities (not less than 40% of disability). Persons with disability would be admitted directly by the college. Separate cut off percentage will be declared for PwD category.
The 3% reservation will be allocated as follows:
- 1% for persons with low vision or blindness;
- 1% for hearing impaired;
- 1% for those with locomotor disabilities and or cerebral palsy, including dyslexia.
Applicants are required to submit to the college the following documents:
- Certificate of physical disability issued by chief medical officer/civil surgeon of district or any government hospital authorised to give such certificate under the provision of PwD Act 1995 (in case of any query please refer to http://www.ccdisabilities.nic.in).
- Certificate indicating the extent of (i.e. percentage) of the physical handicap,
bearing the photograph of the candidate concerned and duly countersigned by one of the Doctors constituting the Board issuing the certificate.
- Certificate of declaration to the effect that the information furnished in the application form and documents annexed is true and correct and that in the event of the same being found incorrect, the admission is liable to be cancelled, in addition to any other action that may be taken in this regard against her.
- In case of doubt about the genuineness of the certificates substantiating claims of disability and the extent of disability, the college retains the right to refer the candidate to a Medical Board or to take other such steps as may be required to ascertain the accuracy of the facts.
- In case the candidate is found to be ineligible under this category, the college reserves the right to cancel the admission after issuing a show cause notice to the student giving her fifteen days to reply.
Foreign Students are admitted through the Office of the Foreign Students Advisor. In accordance with the directive of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, all foreign students are required to undergo a medical examination within a month of their admission. Their admission will remain provisional till then and will be confirmed only on the production of valid
medical fitness certificates.